The Tuxedo Park Library was built in the center of Town in 1901 and opened its doors in May 1902. Architect Bruce Price, who was a well-known architect in Canada and New York City, designed the library. Pierre Lorillard, millionaire tobacco magnate and a group of his friends commissioned Mr. Price to draw up a design for the library. The trustees of the library applied for and were granted an Association Charter from the New York State Board of Regents on December 19, 1901. The original trustees were: Charles B. Alexander, George F. Baker, Frederic R. Halsey, Price Collier, Augustus D. Juillard, Amos T. French, R. Fulton Cutting, Richard Mortimer, Paul Tuckerman, and Frederic de P. Foster. The first librarian was Miss Amy Sutton who was appointed in 1901.