Job Announcement – Adult Services Programming Coordinator (Part-time)
The Tuxedo Park Library welcomes applicants for the part-time position of Adult Services Programming Coordinator. We are looking for a dynamic, customer service-oriented individual to join our team. TPL is an Association Library and serves a community of over 3,600 in Tuxedo Park, NY.
The Adult Services Programming Coordinator responsibilities:
– Plan, promote and run adult programming
– Schedule and promote art displays with local artists
– Pursue grants for adult programming
– Serve as a liaison to other community agencies serving Tuxedo residents.
– Assist in organizing the local history room and archives
– Assist in answering local history research inquires
– Attend meetings and participate in professional library organizations.
– Staff the circulation desk on a minimal basis
Monday 9am – 5:30pm
Tuesday 9am – 5:30pm
*Wednesday 9am – 3pm (July – August)
Thursday 3pm – 9pm
*Sunday 11am – 3pm (September – June)
Total Hours: 27 – 29 hours per week
Interested applicants should send a resume and letter of interest to Diane Loomis, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. Preference will be given to applications received by January 24, 2022 but applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Temporary Library Clerk (Part-time from February through June)
The Tuxedo Park Library welcomes applicants for a Temporary Library Clerk position (part time February-June), which may lead to a permanent position. We are looking for a customer-oriented, computer literate individual to work with the public in a friendly library setting. Applicant must possess the ability to physically perform the duties, which include lifting, bending, climbing and pushing heavy book carts.
The position responsibilities include:
- Staff the circulation desk
- Assist customers with simple reference questions and use of library equipment
- Collect and distribute mail
- Shelve and maintain materials in correct order
- Process interlibrary loan items received from and sent to other libraries
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of position at the current time:
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9 – 1
- 2nd, 4th and 5th Saturdays of the month 10 – 4
- Possible fill in hours for other staff when necessary
Prior library or customer service experience desirable.
Sick time provided.
Paid for holidays that fall on scheduled work days.
Contact Cathy Sandak at 845 351-2207 for additional details.
Please email a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Tuxedo Park Library
PO Box 776
Tuxedo Park, NY 10987